Friday, July 6, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View, and Alison at Alison Can Read.  Every Friday, there is a question to answer and they also feature a different blog on the Feature and Follow page at their blogs.



Q  Jumping genres:  Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it?  Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.


Yes!  Last summer I had to take a class in Young Adult Lit for my M.L.S.  I thought I could spend all summer just reading what I want, but the professor discovered my love of fantasy/sci fi and restricted me!  I quickly learned to love Contemporary Realistic.

But, she required a non-fiction book, which I rarely read.  This one was called Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.  You can find my review on my Stacks page.  I LOVED this book!  I'm not even a runner, but I was ready to buy myself some barefoot running shoes and start.  It has inspired me to actually try to run the 5 K at my high school next year!  That is some life-changing love!


9 comments:

  1. OOO I really want to take a young adult lit class sometime in the future =D It sounds like the most perfect class ever!

    Thanks for stopping by. Love your blog so far and I am following back via GFC and email so I wont miss anything =D
    -Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you actually even started to run thanks to a book? That's big.

    I'm a new follower, and I look forward to reading your reviews.

    Here's my FF post.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to take a YA lit class sometime in the future!

    I'm a new follower, and here's my FF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that books can do things like that to us! :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/feature-follow-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be able to take a class like that!

    New follower!

    Happy Reading!
    Austine @ The Red Reader ==> Read my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey great answer. I want to also get my degree in Library Science. New Follower!

    thebookreaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you liked it, but i can't do it, i need my paranormal, lol, but thats me, I am a new follower too, GFC Michelle L. Lynn
    here is my post FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's impressive to have a book like that. I didn't know this one but I think I'll check it. thanks.

    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm I can't imagine a book encouraging me to run but that's kind of fun your teacher restricted you. I love challenges like that.

    ReplyDelete